Previous blog post can be found here.
I’ve recently finished a major overhaul of so you think you know Reddit. The main changes are listed below.
- Updated code which gets images. It now no longer gets a random image one by one but will instead generate a list of 10/25/… random id’s which will then relate to the images.
- Removed original post. It can now be accessed via clicking show subreddit twice. Saves code as well as having to deal with multiple reductions in scores.
- Updated UI. This includes The header and footer as well as the buttons are now using material design.
- Final end screen. Now instead of just showing a final score it will show all images which have been used as well as final score/link to the image.
- Report image. This is mainly to be used for broken images or images which are stupidly hard to guess.
- Created a auto complete for the input area, need to work on how it will work for mobile devices.
There are a number of smaller design elements as well such as the progress bar to tell you how many images are left.
Still to do.
Unlimited mode. I’m not sure how I want to handle this, although it will possible require the use of a end button which will create a final screen with the images used.
- Create game modes.
- Easy – Usage of title, unlimited guesses.
- Medium – Limited usages of Title limited guesses
- Hard – No usage of title (or perhaps one), Very limited amount of guesses.
Set up a custom domain for the game instead of just a sub domain.
- Limit the number of reports from a IP encase of spam.
- When a link gets X number of reports automatically remove it.
Automatically run the script to add more images once a day or so. Enable support for Gifv/Webm
If you feel like I should add/remove anything leave a comment down below!